December 15-19, 2014
Hello Snow Pro Jam and Masters Academy Participants!
This Nor’Easter has been dumping snow on Killington since Tuesday, dropping 24 inches so far, and it’s not done yet! The storm has certainly been a blessing, adding 2 feet of dense natural cover, nearly doubling the trail count. Many natural snow trails opened on Wednesday and, after another night of Damon-fueled snowfall, those trails will be even better later this week. Forty-five trails will feature packed powder corduroy, including Superstar, Skyelark, Cascade, Caper and Snowshed Slope.
With that said… This is going to be one memorial week!!! Here is the AGENDA for your info. We will host early registration on Sunday night from 5:30pm – 7:30pm in Long Trail Pub in the Snowshed Base Lodge. We will continue registration from 7:30am to 8:45am on Monday Morning in Snowshed Base Lodge. Guests packages will be available on Monday Morning beginning at 8:30am. Pack your bags! It’s time to hit the road!
|Date:||December 11, 2014|
|Date:||October 29, 2014|
|Date:||August 18, 2014|
|012||Master’s Academy||Certified Level III Members||December 15-19, 2014||11/26/2014||$524||100 Participants||
|011||Alpine Snow Pro Jam||Reg, Level I or II Members||December 15-19, 2014||11/26/2014||$439||350 Participants||
|013||Alpine Level II College||Level I (With Signature)||December 15-19, 2014||11/26/2014||$439||
|500||Adaptive Snow Pro Jam||Reg, Level I or II Members||December 15-19, 2014||11/26/2014||$439||No limit||
|652||Tele Snow Pro Jam||Open to all Members & Non*||December 15-19, 2014||11/26/2014||$348||No limit||
* Alpine Snow Pro Jam and Masters Academy have limited online registration slots available until we get all of the applications that were mailed.
* Alpine Snow Pro Jam and Masters Academy are only open to members.
* Non-members may attend the Adaptive or Tele Snow Pro Jam for an additional $25, but online registration is only available for members.
* Non-members should complete a standard event application.
* PLEASE DO NOT E-MAIL event applications.
* Faxed, mailed, online and hand-delivered applications will be accepted beginning Monday, September 22, 2014.
* Applications will be accepted through the November 26th deadline as space allows.
What are Snow Pro Jam and Masters Academy?
Snow Pro Jam and Masters Academy is the gathering spot for nearly 500 snowsports instructors, sponsors and guests from all over the East Coast. Each day offers great skiing, coaching and après ski activities along with the opportunity to network with other snowsports enthusiasts. Sponsor Showcase will be on Tuesday, Wednesday we will offer afternoon optional sessions, Thursday all attendees are invited to the Banquet, and wrapping up on Friday with a full day of fantastic skiing with the best coaches in the country! There are groups for those who want to gear up for the season, or for people who want to begin preparing for exams. Regardless of which type of group you choose, you can expect to have a great time.
NEW! Adaptive Snow Pro Jam
New this season, members may attend the Adaptive Snow Pro Jam! This week is packed with different topics for every day. If you were not able to get out west to the National Academy, this is the week to get to. Topics will be dictated by the needs of the group, but the following areas may be covered (dependent upon weather and snow conditions):
- Monday: Terrain based learning for adaptive skiers; an experiential look at options that might be available to aid in skier skill development, including rolls, dips, jumps, park and pipe.
- Tuesday: Bi-ski review: new and emerging equipment overview, set-up and seating solutions, tethering.
- Wednesday: AM – Mono-ski review: new and emerging equipment overview, set-up and seating solutions.
- Wednesday: PM (Open to all) – Experiential mono-skiing on gentle, green (and easy blue if appropriate) terrain.
- Thursday: Tethering Mythbusters: exploring what misconceptions are out there, what are some of the options and what works for different situations.
- Friday: Ski the mountain with an examiner, personal development day, things to help our upper level skiers to become more proficient.
What is the Alpine Level II College?
New this season, members may attend this five day event as the Alpine Level II Skiing exam. The first four days you will be coached in the Level II Skiing Performance Areas by your course conductor. This same examiner will assess your performance in the Level II Skiing tasks and provide a score for the Skiing exam. On Friday, you will be assessed by two examiners, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Any performance area you are successful in, you may keep for life based on continuous membership.
Guest Package for the Snow Pro Jam & Masters Academy
A Guest Package will continue to be offered through the Killington Snowsports School. Guests need to register directly with Killington for the five-day lift ticket and five, daily two-hour (AM) lesson package with a maximum group size of five. There will be no limit to the number of guests who may take advantage of this option. Cost of the package is $249 and does not include a banquet ticket. Sign up by calling Killington Snowsports School at 1-800-923-9444 after October 15, 2014. Please identify yourself as a PSIA-E Pro Jam guest.
Your registration includes one banquet ticket. There will be a select number of banquet tickets reserved for guests. Any member wishing to bring a guest to the banquet should include the guest name and payment on their application where indicated. Payment of $40 must be included with the application and there will be absolutely no refunds given once payment has been accepted.
“This event is made possible in part through a grant from the PSIA-AASI Education Foundation.”