The PSIA-E/AASI office maintains a full-time member service staff to assist you with any membership or event registration questions. We are available by phone or e-mail and are happy to answer any questions and help you with your PSIA/AASI membership. PSIA-E/AASI membership has numerous benefits and offers you many opportunities to improve your personal teaching and skiing/boarding, but it also has some rules and guidelines that must be followed. These are policies that the Association has deemed necessary to support efficient management of events, as well as sound fiscal practices.
Online Registration: Click here to go to the PSIA-E/AASI event schedule page, and choose an event, and then click the link to register for that course, if online registration is available. Please note: exams and a few other events are not eligible for online registration.
Three week deadline: For mailed or faxed applications, this means that applications must be received in the office (usually no later than three weeks before an event (check the schedule for the exact date). Online registration is closed after the deadline passes. Applications received after the deadline will be accepted with a $25 late fee, if there are openings to fill out a group. Below are several reasons for this policy of deadline and late fees.
- Staff: Most of our course conductors have full time responsibilities at their home areas or other jobs outside of the industry. Their time is valuable and must be scheduled weeks in advance. Lodging is also becoming more difficult to get with short notice.
- Administrative: It is hard to imagine the logistics involved in even the smallest event and then multiply that by the over 500 events that we offer each season. Materials need to be organized and sent to the area, along with the associated record keeping. Keeping in mind the 500+ events, there are more events happening than work days per season, so three or four people are kept busy each day of the season assuring that materials arrive on time and are correct to every one of these events all over the east.
- Financial: For those who pay by check, there needs to be enough time allowed to be sure that funds clear to pay for the events and credit cards are sometimes declined.
How we can help: While we cannot take applications over the phone, our fax machine is always on. We can accept major credit cards, but please remember to sign the application and put an expiration date with your credit card number. If your credit card is declined or is invalid for any reason, we cannot enter you in the event nor can we hold your place. We will call or e-mail you immediately and it is important that you get back to us right away. Please do not fax copies of a check that you intend to mail, as this will not hold your place in the event. If you do send a fax close to the deadline, you may call us and verify that it has been received. Otherwise you should expect to receive an e-mail confirmation, or a confirmation postcard if we do not have an e-mail on your record.
Administrative Charges: Cancellation and transfer fees reflect costs incurred by PSIA-E/AASI to change master sheets and computer records, file, send updates and provide extra communication by phone and e-mail. When changes are made just prior to events, the cost escalates due to the fact that virtually all costs and commitments are fixed by that time. Our current administrative fees are printed on each event application and are listed below for your convenience. Once you have submitted your new member application and are a member, there are no refunds on dues. Membership renewals for the upcoming season are billed each May.
TRANSFERS: Up to one week prior to original event ………….. $10.00
During the week prior to original event ………………………….. 40 % of fee
(notice no later than 4:30 PM on last business day before event)
NOTE: Transfers to another event must be before the three week deadline of that event.
NO-SHOWS: Regardless of reason ………………………………. 75% of fee
CANCELLATIONS: Up to one week prior to event …………….. $20.00
During the week prior to event …………………………………….. 50 % of fee
(notice given no later than 4:30 PM on the last business day before event)
RETURNED CHECKS/DECLINED CHARGES: Checks returned for insufficient funds will not be redeposited. Registrant’s application will be voided unless such checks or charges are replaced by certified check, money order or cash prior to the event. For returned checks, this must include a processing charge of $25.00.
If you have a change of address: please let our office know by phone, mail or e-mail so that your newsletters will arrive with no interruption. Newsletters are not sent first class mail and will not be forwarded. If you move out of the eastern division and wish to transfer to another PSIA division, please let us know so that we can provide them with the necessary paperwork.
Your region: Members belong to one of seven regions within the Eastern Division. Those regions are:
- Region 1: Maine, New Hampshire
- Region 2: Vermont
- Region 3: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island
- Region 4: Pennsylvania, New Jersey
- Region 5: Central/Western NY
- Region 6: Eastern NY
- Region 7: All states south of Pennsylvania & New Jersey
You are automatically assigned to be in the region where you live. If you teach in a different region and would like to vote there and attend area meetings, please notify us by mail or e-mail and we would be happy to make that change for you.
We hope this helps answer some of your basic questions about PSIA-E/AASI. If you have any questions that are not answered here, please contact the main office at (518) 452-6095, or e-mail us at email@example.com.