- Online e-learning courses are generally available from July 15 to June 15.
- The cost to take an Eastern Division online e-learning course is: $120 per course.
- Each individual course is worth 6 CEUs (the equivalent credit of a one-day clinic) and you’ll receive the credit for the date you finish the course and complete the final exam.
- Online e-learning courses may not be used for continuing education credit more than every four seasons.
- Online e-learning courses may not be used for continuing education credit more than once for each course.
- As an online course, participants can advance at their own pace.
- Upon completion, there will be a final exam consisting of 20 multiple choice questions. Participants must score a minimum of 70% to pass and these scores will be reflected in the member’s education history.
- After your online registration payment is completed and has been processed, you will receive a separate email with a link to access the online course site (this is not automatic – we have to send it to you from the office, and we send links generally twice per week). Save the information in the e-mail until you are ready to begin.
- After logging in for the first time and setting your password, you will be able to log in at https://lms.psia-e.org/user in the future using:
“`username: First Last
“`password: Your password
|CLICK HERE||Alpine||The History of Skiing||Online||6 CEUs||120.00|
|Snowboard||The History of Snowboarding||Online||6 CEUs||120.00|
|Alpine||Aging and the Senior Skier||Online||6 CEUs||120.00|
|Adaptive||Teaching Students with Developmental/ Intellectual Disabilities||Online||6 CEUs||120.00|
Online – The History of Skiing
In this course learn about the roots of skiing and how it has evolved over the years. Understand how the European Evolution influenced skiing and teaching in the United States. Meet several historical icons who made an impact on the skiing industry. See how developments in equipment directly affected lessons, greatly improving the beginner skier lesson. Participants will understand how the Learning Connection, as we know it, represents PSIA-AASI’s philosophy integrating People Skills, Technical Skills, and Teaching skills to provide the complete guest experience.
Online – The History of Snowboarding
In this course participants will learn about the roots of snowboarding and how it has evolved over the years. Understand how the development of Terrain Parks greatly influenced the industry. Meet several historical icons who made an impact on the snowboarding industry. With the introduction of X-Games, the future of snowboarding would be changed forever. The course discusses how riders in the early competitions would go on to influence the snowboard world from the development of new moves to the evolution of boots, boards, and bindings.
Online – Aging and the Senior Skier
Learn more about the aging process and how that affects performance in your senior skiers. Get tips on how the Alpine fundamentals can help improve the senior’s performance. Understand how their mental state, physical capabilities and equipment choices will ensure a successful lesson to reach their goals.
Online – Teaching Students with Developmental/ Intellectual Disabilities
Increases the instructor’s understanding, methodology, and knowledge needed, to teach snowsports to students with cognitive or intellectual diagnosis and developmental disabilities.