- Typically, this is the first level of membership.
- Registered Members must be at least 15 years of age at the time of application.
- Requires joining as a new member, including initial payment of dues.
- Registered Members may attend any education events that are open to Registered Members, as well as Level I Certification Exams.
- Registered Members do not have continuing education requirements until they become Certified Members.
- Registered Members have access to all member benefits that do not require certification.
- Registered Members may participate in voting.
- Maintain Registered Membership by paying annual dues.
Active Certified Membership
- Certified Members must be at least 16 years of age, and have attained at least Level I Certification in any discipline.
- Certified Members must be associated with a recognized snowsports school or an organization that requires a regular program of instructor education and training to attempt certification exams.
- All membership benefits are in place and available including Pro Deals from official National PSIA-AASI suppliers.
- Certified Members may participate in voting.
- Certified Members maintain active status by paying annual dues and obtain a minimum of 6 CEUs every membership year (July 1 – June 30.) See more details here.
Inactive Status (no longer a separate category of membership)
- As a Certified Member, if you don’t meet the above CEU guidelines, your membership status – including what you see on your member card will be updated to reflect certified inactive status until you obtain the required amount of CEUs
- The revised Inactive/CEU Management Policy can be referenced here.
Alumni Membership Category
- Certified Members are eligible to move to Alumni Membership Category if you have been a member for at least 6 years.
- Alumni Members have no voting rights, are not eligible to hold office, and do not maintain certifications.
- The Alumni Membership Category is intended as a permanent status roughly equivalent to a “retired” member.
- Alumni Members are no longer considered Active Certified Members.
- As an Alumni Member, you are not required to take any educational events or earn any CEU credits.
- An Alumni Member can choose to move back to Active status by completing the reinstatement process).
- Alumni Members are welcome to attend educational events their previous certification level would have qualified them to attend at member prices and receive all correspondence and literature.
- Member benefits remain in place although Alumni Members will not qualify for any Pro Deals from National PSIA-AASI suppliers that require active certification as a qualifier for discounts.
- Alumni Members still earn yearly credit toward their anniversary pins.
- Alumni Member dues are $79 (vs. $141 for active members).
- Lifetime Membership is requested to/granted at the discretion of the Eastern Board of Directors.
- Divisional Lifetime Members are not required to pay divisional dues.
- Divisional Lifetime Members are not required to maintain education credit.
- Divisional Lifetime Members may participate in voting.
- Life membership requires a nomination by a third party and supporting documentation for review by the Membership Recognition Committee.