EVENT LOGISTICS INFORMATION – Some things to know before you go to an event
- PSIA-AASI Eastern Division provides complimentary lift tickets for event participants through the many fantastic resort partners who host our events. Because of the generosity of these resorts, we are able to “include” lift tickets in the cost of all eastern events. If you happen to attend an event at your home resort (and therefore already have a lift ticket), you will use your own ticket but we cannot extend you an event discount. If you happen to run into a manager at a resort which you are visiting, please be sure to say “thank you” to them for their support of PSIA-AASI, for hosting the event! Thanks!
- Lunch is not included but some resorts extend discounts to event participants. Look up your event location in the School & Resort Directory. Offers which the office has been told about will be listed here.
- Lodging is not included but here are some helpful hints to find lodging if you need it:
- Take advantage of our discount at Choice Hotels. Perhaps they have a hotel near to your event.
- Some resorts provide members with discounts when they display their PSIA-AASI membership card.
- Resort websites are listed on our directory page. Check the website of the mountain where your event is for local lodging and accommodation suggestions. Choose a facility that will work best for your needs. When you call each lodging facility for rates and availability, mention that you are with PSIA-AASI and are attending an event and ask if they offer any discounts.
*Due to the continual changes of hotels in regard to pricing, new offerings, etc.; the office is not able to provide individual assistance for lodging and accommodations.
- Registration for most events is now outside at around 8:45 AM. You should plan on being ready and on the hill by 9:00 AM. Events are usually over by 4:00 PM. There are a few events which have slightly different or evening hours, but each of these is noted on the event schedule – for example, we have some evening events. After the conclusion of your event, you will be e-mailed with a link for an event evaluation. Thanks in advance for completing that event evaluation. We really want to know how the event went for you and how we can keep improving!
- Most event registrations take place outside near the main lodge of each mountain now. Registration information as available to us will be included in your confirmation e-mail. If you are in doubt, always go to the resort learning center or information desk. They should be able to direct you.
- Since our industry is so “weather related” you may have some “weather related” “what if?” questions! Please be aware of our “weather related” policies below…
- If a resort is unable to host an event due to “weather related” conditions, we will contact you via both email and phone as soon as we are aware.
- If you are not contacted by the office, assume your event is ON!! Just like you, we LOVE snow! We do not cancel events for snowstorms! Instead, get there safely, and we hope the fresh snow makes your event one of your best ever!
- Please read and be aware of the cancellation and transfer policy on the event page and the confirmation e-mail.
- If you will be taking a certification exam as your first event, make sure you take advantage of our downloadable exam guides on our website!!
- You should prepare by reading the exam guide and Technical Manual specific to your discipline as well as the Teaching Snowsports manual. A digital version of this manual is available from the National office at Digital Manuals for Every Discipline – PSIA-AASI.
- There is a lot of other information here on the Eastern Division website. Be sure to look around our site and also get ready to have fun at your first event!
Please don’t think the website is the only resource you have! The Eastern Division office is staffed year-round and we are happy to talk with you and answer any of your questions! Please call us at (518) 452-6095 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime!